While we’re not completely shutting the door on Carfreedays.com, (we’ll keep it unlocked in case we want to visit again). We are stepping back from this ten-year-long-blogging-labor-of-love. It’s time. Carfreedays.com will remain up, but we’re moving on.
Anne is starting a new project, 5summers, that she is really excited about. It’s live, but she’s still working out some tweaks and kinks. Check it out and subscribe!
Anne made this little video edit of some Carfreedays highlights these past 10 years. We hope you enjoy it!
We’ll leave you with a few random stats from the past 10 years:
- 370 Posts
- 422,060 views
- 73,306 visitors
- Two in-state bike tours
- Countless cargo bike rides
- Several family bike camping trips, bike overnights and coffee outside
- One epic Pacific Coast Bike Tour from Seattle to Mexico (over 2 summers)
- 7 bike to school seasons, how many donuts?
- Hosted the first and only epic Seattle Fiets of Parenthood with Totcycle
- Two Portland Fiets of Parenthood victories split between Tim and I. (Suck it 503!)
- Three 9-5 victories
- and so much more.
We’ve thoroughly enjoyed all of the generous “bike people” we’ve met over the years. So many of you have become lifelong friends. This isn’t goodbye, we’re not going anywhere, we’ll see ya around town.
Thanks for all of the fun times!
Finally, we’ll always cherish memories with our friends, Clint and Val, who have both passed away. Your legacies live on in each of us. We miss you.
As Val would say, “Keep the rubber side down.”
Anne and Tim